Below you will find various links to Innovations that have been found during the Charrettes. We used these and other innovations to help us dream bigger and think outside the box.
- The Two Million Minutes Blog and Harvard's Tony Wagner. A continuation of the TWO MILLION MINUTES documentary film, this blog offers deeper insights into education in China, India and the United States, and the challenge America faces. Now you can join a dialog about what governments, communities and families should and are doing to best prepare US students for satisfying careers in the 21st century. To learn more about the film visit www.2Mminutes.com. While at the Education Summit in New Orleans, Tony Wagner spoke to the group about his research and recent publication on the skills today's children will need for success in the 21st century.
- Arne Duncan & U. S. Department of Education. As we look at grant strategies and our Strategic Projects, we can benefit from reviewing the strategic direction of the government. The link here will take you to a variety of speeches by the Secretary of Education. In his July 2, 2009 speech he states, "Taken together—the Barack effect—the leadership on the Hill—the proven strategies—and the money in the stimulus package—represent what I call—the perfect storm for reform—a historic alignment of interests and events that could lift American education to an entirely new level."
- Check out Read Right, a great reading intervention program K-Adult reporting excellent results - 8 hours of tutoring per grade level improvement!
- Junior Achievement and Tennessee Valley WIRED Partnership announce expanding entrepreneurial education to young people.
- Sandy Shugart of Valencia College will be a keynote speaker at the Innovations 2008 Conference for community colleges in Denver Colorado in March.
- OCPS is creating a new technology culture among faculty and administrators to increase data access and drive improvement.